Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Chen Wang's Statement of participation:

One of my research aspect is culture and social related design. I often use poster as the outcome form for my visual idea. After reviewing all the topic related documents provided by Mursalata Muhammad, I wrote down few keywords that I wanted to interpret my idea: Historical, memorial, horrible, inhumane…that basically determined the tone and color for the poster and gave me an idea what kind of font to chose. The visual idea for this poster is based on Haiku #8:

everything hangs out of her
little black body
torn by big white men

What inspired me first was the internal tension and high contrast of this poem. Words like Little–big, black–white inspired me to use a transition between figure and background. I used two color silkscreen to print it out on a brown paper.

No comments: