Thursday, July 19, 2007


Bio: Melissa Selmon

I am 25 years old and born and raised in Grand Rapids, MI. Graduated in 2004 with a B.A. Degree in Art and Design at Grand Valley State University (Allendale, MI). I work with mostly charcoal and mixed media, particularly black and white. My major interest in my work deals with the relationship between emotions and children’s facial expressions. I feel that black and white media deepens the meanings in my work. There is something about the purity of children’s faces that intrigues me. I have been involved in numerous exhibits around the Grand Rapids area. My art work is on display at the Bayard Art Gallery of African American Art and The Peppermoon Art Gallery in Grand Rapids, MI. I’m the in the process of opening my own art gallery in the near future.

No comments: